First Trip to Freeport, GBI June 16-22, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katemrn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My husband, myself, and another couple just returned from Freeport, GBI. Three of us are divers and both couples were celebrating wedding anniversaries. My husband and I stayed at Radisson's Our Lucaya Resort two nights, and then met our friends at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort for four nights. Both resorts were nice and served our purposes well. We did not have a rental car, so we used the taxi service. Most trips for 2-4 people was $10-20, plus tip. Ocean Reef has a bus that does a run to the grocery store twice a week. We enjoyed wonderful, fresh meals at Dive In Bar and Grill, Simply Native, and Giovanni's.

We dove with Sunn Odyssey Divers LTD. and had a wonderful experience. Nick Rolle is an awesome captain and dive leader. He and his staff took great care of us. He has complementary transportation, and storage of your dive gear. I made a rookie mistake after my first dive. Nick was wonderfully calm and knew exactly how to fix the problem I had just created. Thanks to him, we had a great 10 dive experience. My previous dive locations are Jamaica, Key Largo, and the Dominican Republic. The coral and sea life were the best I have ever experienced. Visibility was 70-100ft, water temps 78-82 degrees, and the seas were calm. I was impressed that we diving with two separate return customers. There are so many other places I / we have yet to dive, but if we go back to Freeport, GBI, we would be honored to dive with Nick again.

Some pics are posted at:
Bahamas-2011 - defimills' Photos

Back
Top Bottom