FIRST TRIP TO BONAIRE in December 2015 --- Suggestions Please. Thanks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i agree with RJP. Best pizza on Bonaire would IMO not be as good as the worst pizza in Naples. Even on Bonaire, I think the pizza is better at Capt Don's.
I've been to Pasa Bon twice. The place was hot, mosquito infested and stunk of tobacco smoke as the bar and the tables are next to each other. The pizza was lousy.

I think the attraction at Pasa Bon is that it's a cheap meal. I won't be back.

I try not to go too negative on scubaboard, but I have to chime in too. Usually to me, pizza is like diving--even when it's "bad" it's good.But we will never eat at Pasa again. I have a hard time calling that stuff "pizza".

I haven't had Pasa Bon but have had pizza a few times at Rum Runners (Capt. Dons) and it was tasty. The ambiance there is very nice as well. I prefer anything open air in Bonaire.

Etc better include philly btw. :baseballbat:

Ironically, I was with my son and wife eating pizza at Pietro's on Walnut Street yesterday right around the exact time you posted this. (My daughter and her friend were at "Made In America" festival.)

Pietros.jpg

, I think the pizza is better at Capt Don's. Pizza Temple at Captn Don's was featured on the Food Network a few years ago as one of top 10 pizzas in the world ( just a little trivia)We really enjoy the brick oven pizzas at Pizza Temple, though it is pricier than most pizzas and we also like the bar conversation at Pasa Bon - quite entertaining and the pizza is good, the price is right.I havent tried the newer pizza places in town yet, but will be doing so in the very near future.

another vote for Dive Friends. They are cool and flexible and will work with you to let you do what you want. They will rent out a DM for shore dives, and that might include a ride out to the site.
A day visiting the donkeys and Lac Bay was our favorite topside activity. Lac Bay made me want to take up windsurfing. Then the Polars called me back to the bar. See my report from last year : http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bo...long-post-not-just-diving.html?highlight=nuub

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom