First TL Dive Later Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crabdiver

Reaction score
Just joined. Just met Mike last week. Stopped by and talked to him yesterday and got permission to come out about 1:30pm today for our first dive at TL. My son and I received our cert in Sept. 2001 and we were really happy to find Twin Lakes. It's only a 10 minute drive. If they just had air refills it would be perfect. Matthew and I are really looking forward to meeting some of the Texas Swamp Divers at TL. We will also be glad to help with some of the work at the lake.

:copper:

Hey cool....another local! And welcome to the board.

Mike has plans to add an air fill station in the near future. It's the one thing keeping some folks away so it now has top priority. So stay tuned!

Some of us will be at TL on Saturday, join us if you can. We also have quite a group that meets every Wednesday evening around 4pm for a 2-3 dives and you're more than welcome to join us then too.

See ya at the Lakes! :thumb:

I was at Sport Divers this morning and spoke with the owner, Mike. He said that he had a manifold that he would pass on for use at TL. If anyone talks with TL Mike please let him know.

I just started diving Twin Lakes and am enjoyed it. I won't be out the for a few weeks (vacation time!) but look forward to seeing you in July.

Welcome to the best board and dive team on the net!
Yeah I passed that info to Mike last week and he is definatly trying to get the air situation handled a.s.a.p.As far as working around the lake...come on down..I have been working there for about 1-1/2 mo. on Sat & Sun doing whatever needs doin.Just ask Mike if he needs some help with something and he`ll probly set you up.I am supposed to be there at 7am but this Sat. I have to do a tune on an outboard for a guy.Dee and Beast and a few others will mor than likely be out there Sat morn.I`ll show around 10- 11 If I get the thing running right.See ya soon and let`s get WET!!!:)

Great dives. Actually got four dives in. spent most of the day there. Water was clear and below about twenty feet it was COLD. Matthew and I had a great time, saw lots of fish. Lost a cheap compass between the submerged platform and the 2nd floating pier. $10.00 not a great loss but still a loss. Maybe someone will find it and we'll see it again. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Originally posted by Crabdiver
Lost a cheap compass between the submerged platform and the 2nd floating pier. $10.00 not a great loss but still a loss. Maybe someone will find it and we'll see it again. :copper:

Our first Search and Recovery! Is that the suspended platform under the propane tanks or the sunken platform under the yellow bouy? If any of our group finds it, I'll let ya know.

The suspended platform under the tanks and thanks.

I feel the need for another mellon chill off!!
You want me to bring one Dee??:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom