First time to Spiegel Grove....WoW!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefTrekker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dove the Grove earlier today......Fantastic!!

Took a small private boat out there and did 2 dives with a few buddies. Virtually no current (if there was, I'd have to guess which direction it was moving). Vis was about 65 feet or so.....sea was flat as a board in the morning. We really lucked out.

I moved here from Texas, and apparently we had it all wrong. Things are bigger in Florida! (Save the retorts guys, I've heard them all.....besides, it WAS rather cold this morning...ha ha)

Not a whole lot of fish out there today.....I looked over my shoulder more than a few times wondering what the heck might have scared them off. Perhaps the sheer size of the wreck made it seem a bit more desolate than it really was.

Just wanted to share my exitement with the crowd.....I'll definitely be making several return trips......I'll have to if I want to see most of the ship.
If anyone who reads this hasn't gone.....go!! You won't soon forget it.

Jeremy B.

Jeremy

Glad you had a great dive, I was there in July, but when we got to the dive spot, we had to cancell due to rough seas and strong current. We ended up at Sombrero reef which is one of my favorite dive spots.

I will try again this summer to do S.G.

Welcome to the board and join us in our get togethers for some beach dives comming up.

:loopy:

I have dove her ten times and was supposed to go yesterday afternoon(Friday) but decieded I didn't want to pack a wet dive bag since we are leaving early tomorow for a cruise. You are making me second guess my choice. Glad you enjoyed and hope to see you there another day.

You hit it lucky - lots of winter dives in Florida get blown out either due to the seas or the wicked currents. If I were you, I would have stopped off at the first convenience store there in Key Largo and bought $10 worth of lottery tickets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom