First time to Cabo, any advise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading down to Cabo for the first time on July 13th and need some advise as to dive sites to choose from. I'm booked with Nautialus Dive Tech for the first dives. For example, what is the difference between the bay and Santa Maria & Chileno Bay Corridor.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hey Steve, Santa Maria and the rest of the Sites in that Area on the very best Day are ok Dives.
Its a longer trip to go there but the scenery is awsome.The sites here are only 60 feet max.
The Dives along the walls here are best. Theres the Sand Falls underwater sand falling down into the abiss.
Middle wall where rock formations jut out into the submarine canyon where you can peer down into the canyon depths.
Lands End where the Sea Lions Colony and the wreck are located.Max depth here is 90 feet.
Its like jumping into a giant aquarium with 800 species of Tropical marine life all around you.
I would tell Natutilus to take you down to the corrodor dives first and save the wall Dives for last that way you will see everything and have a good idea of whats here.

Thanks to Baja Dive to reply to this customer of ours on behalf of Nautilus Divetech Crew. Indeed the Corridor Divesites are a little farther away, 40 min more or less to Chileno Bay, however the depth ranges between 30 and 120 feet at some point. For example Chileno bay reef ranges from 30 ft deep to 80 feet at the eastern point. We do have deeper dives on the Corridor for Advance Divers like the Blowhole that has a great wall coming down to 120 feet at the northeast wall. But another one like Santa Maria reef which maximum deth is 45 feet along the channels. This particular dive is awesome for someone looking for a great reef , long bottom times, (45 -50 min ) and a lot of life, and also looking for a easy -medium dive for the first days.

Clear waters are arriving to the whole area making Cabo bay dives great as well.

Happy Diving
Nautilus Divetech Staff

Just returned from Los Cabos on Friday July 20th, where I dove with the boys at Nautilus Divetech and can't say enough good things about this team! I took my daughters out, (who had not been out diving in a while) for two dives, and Greg was great with them. He was very thorough and patient with them which helped to put their minds at ease. Everything was about safety with Greg which was outstanding.

I also dove with Luis. He is a great divemaster/ instructor and showed me the best the bay area had to offer. I only wish he could have showed me some of those better dive sites outside of the bay that he talked about, but there's always next time. I'll be back to dive with Nautilus Divetech again for sure and highly recommend them to anyone!

"Thanks Casey; you're one of the easiest owner/ operators I've had the pleasure of dealing with. When you get that new boat in the water it will round out your dive operation and will allow you to get divers to those more desirable sites even when it's a little rougher".

Only one suggestion to the Divetech team - on those days when there aren't huge waves crashing onto the beach, you might consider picking customers up at their resorts, or very close to them. That might allow for more business as not everyone wants to spend those valuable vacation hours on a bus to downtown Cabo to meet at the dive shop.

Cheers,
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom