First time Saltwater/Boat diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, should have said dive leaders! Most of them trained with PADI before switching over to BSAC.

I wouldn't dive in the sea without a SMB (+competency in using the SMB) and a whistle. If darkness is anytime soon, carry a flashlight too.
As for guzzling air, most new folks do, especially when they are a little worried about something. I like to simply put a 15L tank on anyone who might use more air. Diving dry you probably need the weight anyway so you might as well carry some of it in the form of a larger tank. Extra gas is never a bad thing.

put all your gear on with your wt belt also stand on scale add about 3% of total weight to your belt that would be 9 lbs if you see 300 lbs on scale

---------- Post added April 15th, 2013 at 07:36 AM ----------

add about 5 lbs for alum tank if you were using steel tank on older dives

Unfortunately this trip got canned due to bad weather during the week :( I have however found another local club that has a open pool session every Monday night that they are happy for me/ a few others from the uni dive club to go along to, so I will be going along and continuing practicing skills there for now. Hopefully get out for a proper dive soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom