First time reg buyer: some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assemble the regs when I ship unless a tech style package where the hose lengths ordered make no sense to me, then I assemble and test and assume they know how they plan to configure.
Great! You just sold another regulator!

This thread and many more on here just helped to convince me to pull the trigger on a set of regs. Hoping they arrive in time to dive them next week. Thanks everyone for all the great info!!

@Houngan and @Kenkel79, as a new owner and user of a Deep6 reg set I can say, without a doubt, you won't be sorry with your purchase. And, the t shirt is pretty cool, too!

Got a chance to dive my deep6 reg in a few different condition in Roatan last week while on the Scubaboard invasion. It performed as good as one could hope. Flawless and a pleasure to dive. Bonus was the dry box that it came with. Perfect for my phone and other supplies . ......... Another happy satisfied customer!

@Houngan and @Kenkel79, as a new owner and user of a Deep6 reg set I can say, without a doubt, you won't be sorry with your purchase. And, the t shirt is pretty cool, too!

I got to dive my new regs last week. They arrived in 3 days and @cerich even guessed right on the shirt size. Next week starts 9 days in Jamaica and I plan to dive the regs as much as my wife will allow as this isn't a "dive only" vacation. They worked great in the cold green lakes of Nebraska and I can't wait to see what they do in Jamaica. I have to say I laughed when I saw the orange packing tape used to ship the regs, loved it!!

I would highly recommend ordering a doubles regulator set so you have a spare first stage if you are travelling. First stages are unpredictable little buggers, and having a spare first stage is a great insurance policy to ensure you don't have to rent a regulator and miss a dive or two while you are travelling.
Deep 6 Signature Double Tank Regulator Package - Regulator Packages - Regulators
I'd also recommend going to Dive Gear Express and ordering an IP gauge which is a required tool IMO for all divers, especially those that own their own regulators

@tbone1004

At the link below, I started a new thread under Regulators If anyone is interested in reading a discussion about the failure rate of first stages and if it is really worth it to get a spare first stage for trips where there is the potential to rent a regulator if one's first stage does fail.

Thanks tbone1004 for your advice.

Failure rate of first stages? what is real need for a spare first stage on a trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom