First time Posting pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ripnrob

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from Bermuda. Went Snorkeling with the New Canon S60.I had to use a EWA Marine bag as Canons Underwater case was not avalible at the time.It was very difficult to see the lcd in the EWA marine so basically i was just pointing the Camera at the fish and hoping for the best.Any comments would be much appreciated as I could use all the help I can get.

Ripnrob

Being new myself, I can suggest two things:

1. Get close to your subject - as close as you can without spooking it.

2. Get level with your subject - it makes for the best perspective.

Happy snapping!

Not bad for snorkeling and not being able to see what you were shooting!

Thanks for the kind words Dee and gilligan...I took about 300 shots to get about 30 to 40 OK ones... Lots of fish butts... Its amazing how close you think you are to them and when you see the picture you would swear you took it from a block away...LOL

Ain't it the truth!

Ripnrob:
... Its amazing how close you think you are to them and when you see the picture you would swear you took it from a block away...LOL
I'm an expert at how fix the problem. Step one is to get ready to take the picture. Step two is get to where you think you are close enough. Step three - get a little closer. Step four - where did the fish go? :D . I try to follow these steps as often as possible.

Lovely pictures! I agree with Dee & Gilligan - excellent results for the conditions you were working under!!

On top of the general "better underwater photography" advice that has already been listed above I have a helpful (I hope!!) hint for next time.

Practice your snorkelling/free diving before your holidays. Hit the local pool and practice duck diving down, getting level and staying there. A little practice goes a long ways and you can really close to fish while snorkelling that way. You don't need to be able to dive down very far...the bottom of a pool (3m- 10feet) will translate into some great photos.

We get tons of snorkellers here and offer several dedicated snorkelling only tours...those who go out even the day before and practice a little have far superior results than those who don't.

Good luck and I can't wait to see more from you!

Very nice considering the conditions. I could only wish I could do as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom