First time Posting pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job considering the circumstances!

Now I can't wait to try out my new S60 under water :). I never would have thought about using the underwater bag though... (although it's not just any underwater bag :) ) Still waiting for the case to be available. Thanks for posting these pics!!

BTW, did you use the pre-set "underwater" white balance that the S60 has available, custom white balance, or other editing? I'm wondering how good the pre-set "underwater" white balance will be or I'm going to end up doing it myself. I will probably shoot RAW anyway to allow for goof ups :) .

Thanks again!

-=* mikki *=-

Alcina Sounds like great advice I will be sure to practice before the next outing.

Mikki Believe me That bag was a desperation buy. I was praying the housing would be avalible before my trip.when the housing becomes avalible the old EWA marine will end up in the attic somewhere...LOL...

Yes I did try the underwater white balance it seems to work the best out of the white balance settings. I only have the Canon software to convert the RAW images so I really cant judge how bad or good the software is.You can clearly see the red it adds to the image when you scroll threw the different white balance settings.
The only other thing I did to the images was to run the auto levels setting on them in Photo Shop.
I also tried shooting some JPEG's but the Raw files seemed to be much better...

Here are some pictures with different white balance settings

1. Auto White Balance
2. Underwater White Balance
3. Underwater White Balance with auto levels in PS

Back
Top Bottom