First time Maui adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Molokini was Great today. Water temperature was 73 and the conditions were clear with around 120 ft vis. We saw several whales on the way out and on the way back. They even spotted a whale shark; although it dove on us just as we got close enough to see it. On the dive we saw a Moray eel out cruising around as well as a Todd variety fish. We saw some that were rare.

All in all it exceeded my expectations.

---------- Post added December 9th, 2012 at 12:42 AM ----------

Just curious, what's "murky" to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The water was cloudy with visibility around 20ft. Colors were somewhat muted. Pictures I took of the turtle were blurred

Last edited:
Its good to hear the whales are back in force! Who did you go with to Molokini? Which sites did you dive? Great to hear you enjoyed your dives and saw a lot of cool stuff!

I've never heard of a "Todd variety fish," can you elaborate as to what it is?

I've never heard of a "Todd variety fish," can you elaborate as to what it is?

My bad, that should have been a "good variety of fish"

We went out on the Alii Nuii. I only got a one tank dive, but my wife really enjoyed the comfort of the boat (which is a plus for me).

We dove inside the crater with a max depth of 67ft. Since this is my first time to Maui, it's all good to me. It has me hoping I can schedule one more dive before we leave for home.

The Alii Nui does a really nice job for exactly what you did...snorkeling, sailing, with a touch of diving. The inside of the crater is great for seeing a good variety of fish! :wink:. Hope you get another dive.

The Alii Nui does a really nice job for exactly what you did...snorkeling, sailing, with a touch of diving. The inside of the crater is great for seeing a good variety of fish! :wink:. Hope you get another dive.

Looks like I will get another shot at Molokini. I would love to go on a different boat, but my wife loved the Alii Nui so much she just booked us another cruze. The Alii Nui goes to Molokini again on Tuesday, so I told my wife I would just have to suffer through another dive at Molokini.

Not sure how I'm going to get through it:wink:

If you get a chance visit the cathedrals with Lahina Divers, that is a cool dive.

If you get a chance visit the cathedrals with Lahina Divers, that is a cool dive.

That was my first choice for Tuesday's dive but the boat is not as nice and my wife would not go for it. Maybe if we return to Maui I can get another chance.

nwcid - I will be arriving on the 24th of January also! Can't wait.

Wife and I have not been to Maui since '08. Looking forward to it and I do agree on the dive with Lahina Divers, did that last time we were there and went to the Catherdals and Shark Rock.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom