First time Maui adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveler218

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got to Maui last night for the first time. Spent the day getting my bearings and snorkeling at Black Rock. Really looking forward to diving tomorrow and Saturday. I just can't wait to see what Molokini is like.

Black rock was pretty good except visibility wasn't great at the Sheraton shore entry side due to the high surf but once around the point and inside the "bowl" the water was crystal clear.

So far I'm loving it!!!!

I'll be there in a month!! Please keep up the reports....can hardly wait!!

Dive was good this morning although a little murky. Saw several large turtles and many varieties of fish. I'll post a better description when I get back to my room tonight.

A friend of mine said she saw whales, dolphins, mantas, and eagle rays today at Molokini!

She saw whales UW at Molokini? Back wall or inside?

Thx for the report. Getting excited for January as soon as we can get through this xmas stuff.

I cant wait. We get there on Jan 24. The only warm/tropical diving we have done was Kona last spring when were were still at about 10 dives. This time should be much better as more experienced divers.

She saw whales UW at Molokini? Back wall or inside?

Thx for the report. Getting excited for January as soon as we can get through this xmas stuff.

No, whales on the surface everything else under water. ;-) It is an absolutely amazing experience when you get to see one under water....something I'll never forget. Can't wait to be there in a couple of weeks myself. :)

I'll be at Molokini today! I hope we have the same good fortune. I can't wait to see how clear it is. I got some decent video at Black Rock yesterday, even with Murky visibility. MOLOKINI should be amazing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom