First time in a Hot-Water Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chummer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just had to share...
I did a couple of dives a few weeks ago in my brother-in-law's hot water suit in a trib of the Chesapeake Bay. He is an oyster diver.
He has a one piece 5 mil wetsuit. Tubes run throughout the body, arms and legs...including into your gloves and boots.
The water is pumped down a hose from the boat along the air line for the hooka rig, so of course you are tethered to the boat via a backpack.
Water temp was 53, but I could have laid down on the bottom and taken a nap. It was like wearing a personal jacuzzi.

It is just an average one piece wetsuit.
He cut a small hole to insert the tubing and then used thread to sew (wrap) the tubes in place throughout the suit. Some degree of care is needed when taking it on or off to ensure the tubes arent pulled too hard.
Peeing wouldnt be a problem. You probably wouldnt even notice the temp change due to the warm water already in the suit. Because of the water being pumped through, it would wash out with the water exchange somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom