First time diving Indonesia Feb/Mar - Bali or Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoy your Shot Gun dive with no current in Komodo.
Is your problem with reading or you're having a hard time following a discussion?
When we talk about Komodo you talk about Palau, when we talk about Batu Bolong and Crystal rock you talk about Shotgun.

Oh and btw, you probably never dived Cauldron starting from the coral walls 10min further east before the Cauldron arena, that's the most beautiful part and it doesn't need any current (in fact it's seldom exposed to currents even when it's raging in the Shotgun),

Talking about Shotgun with no current : there is NO current when you end up in the bommies field left shoulder, whatever current there is on the shotgun highway itself and this how it is in that NO current part.
Is there any fish? Take a look by yourself. Do I enjoy that part? Yes.

37592639416_91dd6feee9_z.jpg

And FYI since you don't seem to know Komodo conditions that well. Here's a photo of Crystal Rock at slack tide at the split reversal. No fish, eh?... yeah, yeah...

44863864622_a985be500e_z.jpg

Is your problem with reading or you're having a hard time following a discussion?
When we talk about Komodo you talk about Palau, when we talk about Batu Bolong and Crystal rock you talk about Shotgun.

Oh and btw, you probably never dived Cauldron starting from the coral walls 10min further east before the Cauldron arena, that's the most beautiful part and it doesn't need any current (in fact it's seldom exposed to currents even when it's raging in the Shotgun),

Talking about Shotgun with no current : there is NO current when you end up in the bommies field left shoulder, whatever current there is on the shotgun highway itself and this how it is in that NO current part.

View attachment 482460

And FYI since you don't seem to know Komodo conditions that well. Here's a photo of Crystal Rock at slack tide at the split reversal. No fish, eh?... yeah, yeah...

View attachment 482461
The place called Shot Gun/Cauldron for obvious reason! Anywhere else is somewhere else. Is it too much for you to understand?
BTW,do I give a toss if you enjoy the Shot Gun with or without current.
We are all here to give our own opinion. But you just could NOT stand other divers with different views from you!!
You took a picture on a school of surgeon fish! I wont' even spend more than a second on them.

The place called Shot Gun/Cauldron for obvious reason! Anywhere else is somewhere else.
a school of surgeon fish! I wont' even spend more than a second on them.
What an open mindset.
Anyway. as we say in french, dogs bark when the caravan passes.

Luko next time @shotgun, enter further to the east at an underwater seamount (15-20 mins from the Cauldron). As you move towards the Cauldron, you will pass by beautiful coral surrounded by coralline sand. At the end of the dive, as you described, on divers left or right are beautiful coral bommies. My wife and I watched a cuttle fish laying eggs while we ran out gas down to >40bar in shallow and warm water at right shoulder.

If you ever need information about Lembeh Strait or Raja Ampat, google "tripledeano channel". Happy Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom