First Time at Oronogo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Today was my First time at Oronogoand it was good!!:D

at first we had a little trouble finding the place cause it has no signs! but we found it no harm no foul.
the staff is very nice and helpfull and then we hit the water. hole crap do they pack in the diver's! their was woman on the bank who really had problems with the viz and that kinda bothered us for a bit and when we first went down the viz was very poor, but after we got out of the silt it opened upand wow viz was good!
80ft I think you could see 15 - 20ft water temp was around 58 ...a little cool but not bad.
my buddy and I had a blast with the caves and the Horseshoe Chimney.

All and all we had a great day and we will be back!:cool2:

Today was my First time at Oronogoand it was good!!:D

at first we had a little trouble finding the place cause it has no signs! but we found it no harm no foul.
the staff is very nice and helpfull and then we hit the water. hole crap do they pack in the diver's! their was woman on the bank who really had problems with the viz and that kinda bothered us for a bit and when we first went down the viz was very poor, but after we got out of the silt it opened upand wow viz was good!
80ft I think you could see 15 - 20ft water temp was around 58 ...a little cool but not bad.
my buddy and I had a blast with the caves and the Horseshoe Chimney.

All and all we had a great day and we will be back!:cool2:

I plan to dive Oronogo sometime as it is pretty close to Tulsa. Is the water in the 60 range year round?

I plan to dive Oronogo sometime as it is pretty close to Tulsa. Is the water in the 60 range year round?

yes from what they have told me its spring feed. I plan on hitting this place during the winter. if viz is this good now, what it must be in the cold :D

Back
Top Bottom