First stage interchangeable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BubbleDive

Registered
Reaction score
Hey fellow divers,

I am a newbie when it comes to technical stuff about gear so I wanted to ask you guys.
I have an ISO first stage on my second regulator and I want to place it on 300bar DIN. Is the cable/hose going to compatible with any type of 300bar DIN first stage or will I have to replace the hose?

Also I have a 200bar DIN on my primary regulator and also want to change it to a 300bar DIN. I heard that it is possible of altering the 200bar piece to make it into a 300bar without having to buy a new expensive 300bar first stage. Is this true ?

the hoses will work fine .

if you can find the parts I see no reason why you cant upgrade the first stage from 200 to 300 bar.

the pressure rating has to do with the strength of the locating mechanism and is not related to the moving parts of the 1st stage

As Mala said getting a 300 bar Din fitting for your first stage is the only issue. For safety sake I would not try to alter a 200 bar Din connector to 300 bar, if the connector fails the back of your head may be what stops the first stage as it parts from the cylinder.

For safety sake I would not try to alter a 200 bar Din connector to 300 bar, if the connector fails the back of your head may be what stops the first stage as it parts from the cylinder.
I thought the 200 bar DIN shaft was too short to be screwed into a 300 bar valve as to seal properly (apart from the different diameter of the faceplate)
some older first stages have a 1/2" LP port whereas the newer ones mostly are 3/8"

I thought the 200 bar DIN shaft was too short to be screwed into a 300 bar valve as to seal properly (apart from the different diameter of the faceplate)
some older first stages have a 1/2" LP port whereas the newer ones mostly are 3/8"

Yes, I believe you are correct 200 bar DIN, IIRC, only has 5 threads but a 300 has seven. So you can use 300 on either din tank but not 200 as it's too short to seal on a 300 bar tank. As was posted about this is due to the actual connector and designed to prevent using regs with weaker connectors on high pressure tanks. Aside from that aspect a reg is a reg.

Back
Top Bottom