First shots with Canon 7d. Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Matt, very nice portrait of the Blenny. Congrats on photo #3

If they don't look as crisp here, try to narrow down where the problem is - it could be a browser, gallery or photo editor is changing the quality of your photo, do some tests to isolate exactly where it is happening. A friend of mine recently had the same issue, but I'm not sure if he isolate what the cause was.

Scott

I have wondered about this for a while. When I use Photo Elements 7 to sharpen a photo, it often appears grainy when viewed in Photo Elements or in the old Jasc photo album program I use. However, if I use "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" (part of the standard Windows suite of software that came with my machine) to view the photo, it looks much better. Then when I post a photo on flickr, it usually doesn't appear grainy (appearance is more like Windows Picture Viewer). It's surprising to me that the Windows viewer seems better than viewing in Photo Elements, when Photo Elements is what you are supposed to use to edit the photo to get it to look its best.

Nice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom