First Manta :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Great dive today with Divebuddysean as we joined Brad and Blessi with B&B Scuba - The highlight of the trip was my first Manta Ray! It was approximately 12ft wingspan and never came closer than about 50 ft away, but with the vis at Molokini it was a great view. My pics are all a bit grainy as I had it set at 800 ISO, but still a fun dive :) We were in about 40fsw at the time, and just ending the dive when we came across a couple other divers quietly watching him (grassyknoll was one of them - good meeting you today)

What a treat to watch this animal swim around for nearly 10 minutes.

IMG_2509.jpg

I posted the rest of my pics from the day here:

Molokini Reefs End & 5 Graves dives with B&B Scuba

Aloha, Tim

I dived in kona with these amazing animals. Unforgetable!
Beautiful shot! Maybe they will settle in there as well.

We were told on the boat today that they seem to show up this time every year - seems like an annual "migration" type of thing...

fantastic angle on the manta tim!

i still need to get over to the big island to see the really big ones..

and nize "teeth" shots of all the eels..
thanks

Congratulations Tim! It's always cool to see mantas. That one looks a lot closer than 50 feet away though. Hopefully you'll see many more.

nice shot... congrats on finally getting to see one. My daughter (brittney) says "hi" and thanks for letting her play with your dog during the scubaboard get-together.

Yep I love those babies. I think they're right about migration cause we saw some last year at this time.

Yeah it was super cool seeing that Manta!!! Great photo Tim... Funny thing when we all were heading back to the boat (it was the end of the dive) the Manta moved towards us.. I guess he was watching us too!! :)

Sean

We were in about 40fsw at the time, and just ending the dive when we came across a couple other divers quietly watching him (grassyknoll was one of them - good meeting you today)

Kidspot, good meeting you and divebuddysean on the boat. You pics are making me really anxious to get home and download mine! Manta was awesome, I went back with B & B Scuba this morning (excellent outfit by the way, again thanks for refering me to them), manta wasn't there, but Brad reported seeing a "big" gray reef shark-sadly, I missed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom