First live aboard pointers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve never had ‘monkey butt’ diving....I can only assume it’s because I wear Lycra saxxx shorts under my wetsuit. I’m guessing you need something that is very tight fitting.

you will need to stow your modesty...but honestly, no one could give a hoot on a liveaboard. It’s basically like being in the army/boarding school/sharing a bathroom with a sibling..

Uh . . .perspective is everything. :p

I don't know that lob experience is quite that for me but often we are too busy on the dive deck to notice what others are up to but if everyone starts to wear their lingerie, who knows.:giggle:

Without reading the whole thread, I will emphasize that you have to at least look at your images/video during the trip. Otherwise you get back to find a simple problem which you could have fixed but which screwed up all of your images/videos.

I wear a thin dive skin that has stirrups I guess you would call them. It's very thin. The stirrup part means it holds the skin down rather than riding up over time. So the skin covers my ankles and achilles area (where the dive boot seam can rub) and prevents most of the rubs you are mentioning. I don't have problems with my toes rubbing the inside of the boot. I'd wonder whether such problems could be from too tight fin straps.

The skin also makes it real easy to put on my wetsuit. I wear a swimsuit <gasp> under the skin.

I'll second the ears solution medicine idea. My ears started closing (no other symptoms) halfway through my Raja Ampat trip. The medicine provided by the boat reversed that and I finished the trip out with amazing dives that just kept getting better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom