First HD video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjfox

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since my old camera died this summer, I have finally bit the bullet and bought a panasonic TM700. This dive was low viz and poor lighting, but the camera showed it's stuff, although there are some strange quirks to work out, as with any new set up.

I also had to get a new computer to edit the stuff!

YouTube - Tilly Point

Great video. You even have a natural narrators voice. Now I want to go the Tilly caves too. The lighting wasn't that bad, what were you using?

Lights are a couple of old L&M heads I modified to fit an old Ikelite battery pack. I was hoping for more natural light, but it was a dark day. The camera's low light sensitivity is good. I had it set up for manual white balance, but the IR remote stops working when the LCD screen closes too much, and a button on the side takes over. I'll have it working by next dive. This video was AWB.

Nice video! Well thought out editing/narration too.

I really hate looking at videos people put up on SB and elsewhere since they are usually really, really bad and really, really boring. So I took a flyer on watching this one hoping something would be different from the same ol' , same ol'

Obviously a great director and editor can make up for glitches or weaknesses in the cinematography.

Good job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom