First hardpac dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I started a new part time job last week, diving with "Reefdancer" the glassbottom boat on Maui. After a week of not using my wing I thought today I'd try diving "vintage" :wink:

So I left my wing on the boat and hit the water - what a wonderful dive! I see why all the vintage divers enjoy it so much, lots of freedom.

FWIW - we dive in 30 fsw max (usually only 20) and I am only using a skin, so with proper weighting my wing was just getting in the way.

Next I'm considering losing the backup reg ... talk about non-DIR :wink: Been a lot of fun diving this way though and it really narrows up my profile for fitting between the bars of the "cage" outside the boat. Now if I can just learn to keep up with the boat :D

Aloha, Tim

Drop a line the next time you come to Oahu, I may have a spare Mistral for you to use.

You may need to be careful however, you may catch the DoubleHose Bug... Some of the symptoms are buying gear that others call junk and then sneaking up behind them and slicing off one of their hoses!

A back-up reg for diving solo in 30 feet of warm, clear water? I wouldn't take an octopus!

Did you like the instant adjustability of the back pack straps which slide through the back pack? I do!

:light: BWAAAAHHH-HAHAHAHA....another one! :light:
I see a vintage scuba party in our future :D

We gotta hurry... I'm moving in June:(

What?...When did this happen? did you clear that with me? :shakehead

:wink:....I think I remember you posting...Washington or someplace like that where you dive in drysuits, right?

Yup... Uncle tells me I'm going to Washington State now...kinda good and bad

well that's a bummer - I haven't even gotten to meet you yet... At least you're going to the second greatest state in the union :wink:

I hear they have some great tako up there too ... make 20 pounds of poke from one tako ... course you'll have to eat it alone most likely...

Nah... My wife and kids eat that much in one sitting! I'm sure my first Pacific Northwest tako could be quite the wrestlinh match... one Mike Nelson would be proud of!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom