First GoPro Video of the season from Morehead City, NC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dehydrated_Atom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cool video. I liked it a lot. It is amazing what that little camera and a flat lens can do with ambient light. What is the depth? My guess is 90 ft?

Thanks for sharing the video, it looks like you had a very neat dive!
As far as the video goes, did you mean to use the color bars or was that a mistake? Also, the word I think you meant to use is visibility.

The depth was just shy of 120' on the wreck, 95' to the sand on the ledges.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2012 at 12:53 AM ----------

I did mean Visibility. I also meant Morehead, not Moorhead. :/ I put the text in at the end and it was about 3 am. It's pretty embarrassing. Worse things have happened I suppose. :)

Yes, I meant to put the color bars in there. Thanks for the feedback! :D It's not for everyone. Just thought I'd try it.

Thanks, that camera does pretty well with those depths and reasonably clear water. I liked all those bait fish funneling into the open deck hatch.

Very nicely done! I am looking forward to taking my GoPro back out to NC. The diving there is so amazing and perfect for a little video rig.

Did you have a monitor back? Your framing of shots was very nice, especially that monster ray.

robin

I do not have a monitor back. It's a very minimalist set-up. First Generation GoPro HD. $3 PVC pole mount that I use as a stability / sight rail. Seems to work. I'm not usually to far off center frame from where I want to be. :D

I think most people use the GP in such a wide setting that there is little problem with framing. The issue comes into play a little if you are trying to get a close up (within maybe 18 inches), but other than that.. I just aim at the subject with no display back.

Nice video and a nice size ray. I am editing our Belize trip now with Windows 7 on a new laptop much easier than before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom