First Flower Garden Trip '06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the pic looking down on the jacks. Almost every photo I ever see has them against an open water background.

Thanks for taking the time. I needed that.

I am going there April 14-16, the same trip you took. This is my first time there. What suit did you wear?? I am worried about getting seas sick any ideas on what bunk to get or not to get if you get seas sick. I am going to pop pills like I am an addict. Thanks

Boomo

My buddy and I took Antivert (Meclazine), you can buy them at a pharmacy in the 25 milligram strength without a perscription (Ask at the counter) for about $8 for 100 and just take (2) 50 mg every 12 hours. It doesn't make you drowsy like dramamine and you don't have to wear the goofy patch behind you ear (there was a girl on the trip whose patch was coming off and she kept it on with a square of Duct Tape); had absolutely no problems with the motion. As for what bunk, I can't say but while moored the whole boat had more of a side-to-side rock than bow to stern. I wore a 1mm full suit with a 3mm Farmer John and was fine (water temp got down to low 60's on the night dive) but I usually don't get cold. Until you get out in the evening with the wind blowing it got a little nippply. Hope this helps - Jason

daniel f aleman:
Why was the pre-trip brief "terse"?

terse - adj - Brief and to the point; effectively concise: a terse one-word answer.

By terse I just meant they covered the rules and it was pretty much to the point on depth limits (130' first dive of the day and 100' every other dive), surface intervals (minimum 2.5 hours) and Air consumption (back on the boat with at least one breath, prefferably more), and Abso-poso-lutley no neoprene in the salon/galley.

Back
Top Bottom