first F1 dive tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do like my F1's. As you say, so easy to get on and off, and I find that I can easily keep up with people who are frog kicking, with just the modified frog. In fact, I think the modified frog is now my favourite kick.

However they are quite heavy and long. I have to use my largest suitcase to travel with them, and they consume a lot of my allowable weight. Plus I find that in tight swim throughs that I kick stuff that I might not have with shorter fins. It's probably just an adjustment, but you should be aware.

I did a dive with them yesterday, and my intention was to just frog and hold trim, which I did. I started playing with my depth a bit and started squeezing through some smaller crevices, and seemed to do ok. The majority of the diving here will require no swim throughs.

I did mention that to my wife about airplane weight limits, and she shrugged and said, whatever!!. If you need to pay a few extra bucks to enjoy yourself

Dog:

We were on Barge 43 yesterday (Buffalo Harbor). Yep they pack a nice punch to handle the current....

Cool, I was not that far from you.. Just windmill, but I had a very good dive. I wish someone filmed it, so I could see it from outside.

I will be giving them their workout next Wednesday in the Niagara River and then in Toby in September

I have been diving Jets since 1969 when I bought my first pair from Hal Watts in Orlando, Fl. A few years ago I was sent a pair of Batfins by Nick and have never looked back. They are a great fin and way easy to back kick with (if you are having a problem with the Jets).

As for packing, I fit my dive gear, including OTB boots, two sets of Hog regs, two masks, 2 yoke to din adapters, Zeagle Express Tech BC, two tank harnesses, two spools, 6' safety sausage, Shorty Wetsuit, weight harness, Olympus 8010 camera & housing, Sola Light and charger, HelO2 PDC, AND my Batfins (F1s) into my Zeagle Carry on bag. I think it weighed in just under 40 pounds. Yeah, the tips of the fins have to curve a bit at the very ends to fit, but then I have my boots stuck in the foot pockets as well. I could have stuffed in my Light Monkey 21 watt can light if I wanted to. :D

sounds like you kind of pack like my wife, she gets all her gear in one bag. I on the other hand manage to do that before I am actually finished packing, and with all the inevitable adjustments, I end up have my gear spread about lol. We are probably going to go with the Armor Brand giant duffel. With the hope that we can fit both our gear in one bag. For down south diving, we do not think it will be an issue, with the small to no wetsuit and the AL BP.

I have been diving Jets since 1969 when I bought my first pair from Hal Watts in Orlando, Fl. A few years ago I was sent a pair of Batfins by Nick and have never looked back. They are a great fin and way easy to back kick with (if you are having a problem with the Jets).

As for packing, I fit my dive gear, including OTB boots, two sets of Hog regs, two masks, 2 yoke to din adapters, Zeagle Express Tech BC, two tank harnesses, two spools, 6' safety sausage, Shorty Wetsuit, weight harness, Olympus 8010 camera & housing, Sola Light and charger, HelO2 PDC, AND my Batfins (F1s) into my Zeagle Carry on bag. I think it weighed in just under 40 pounds. Yeah, the tips of the fins have to curve a bit at the very ends to fit, but then I have my boots stuck in the foot pockets as well. I could have stuffed in my Light Monkey 21 watt can light if I wanted to. :D

You really get all that gear in a carry on??

Is it this bag?
Slimline Express Travel Carry Bag - Gear Bags - Accessories - Zeagle Dive Systems
Cause if so, I gotta get me one of those. I've tried and simply can't get my fins in any travel bag i've tried to date.

Ok about 6 dives in on them now, from quarry to river. Well a lot of river. 4 dives to 2. So, still meeting my expectations.. I can't say how happy I am with them... and the spring straps are the best. I typically carry my find with me until I am ready and put them on while on surface. The spring straps make this very very easy. Even easier to take off.

I spend 90 per cent of my dives frog kicking, these are fantastic, they move a lot of water.

I was approached at a quarry dive to grab a bike some kid pushed in. It was about 20 feet down, so I just strapped on my fins and my mask and dove in. These fins were able to carry myself and this bike to surface in less than 4 kick cycles. I had initially brought a rope with me to tie off to the bike and raise from shore. But I thought hey, lets try this..

I had a pair of Tusa Liberator X10's for years and the top of the foot pocket decided to split and it's grown to over an inch - so decided was finally time to replace them (I have a pair of tusa splits) and snagged the last pair of the F1's from my LDS at a good price. Especially since i was taking my final class for AOW. Just the swim out from the beach was like night and day between the two fins. I remember having to really work hard to get out but with the F1's it was easy. I didn't find them heavy either. Come to think of it I think they seemed lighter than my splits. After I bought them, the shop owner mentioned that they were one if not the most popular fin he was selling.

I have done like 25 dives in them now, from drift to deep, and no issues at all. I still love them... I was actually thinking of getting another pair

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom