First experience diving, R190

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not suprised that the balanced -vs- unbalanced issue is overstated, because there are so many unbalanced regulators on the market that are apparently working pretty well.

mattboy:
A lot of the argument about high performance regs for recreational use is, I'm starting to realize, somewhat like people arguing over whether a porsche is better to go to the grocery store than a honda, because if you NEEDED to go 160mph, you can do it in the porsche. Not that there's anything wrong with going to the grocery store in style... :wink:

Balanced piston and diaphrams 1st stages deliver quite a bit more air than unbalanced regs. For this reason it's recommended that instructors and DMs use them in case of an out of air situation where a panicked diver (who could be the instructor too I guess :11: ) sharing air is panting through the reg. An unbalanced may not deliver enough air in this situation. But you're right about ease of breathing. The ease of breathing of a G250 vs and R190 on an MK20 is noticable but not major.

I totally agree with you point. I am always wondering What percentage of divers is the tech and deep divers.

mattboy:
A lot of the argument about high performance regs for recreational use is, I'm starting to realize, somewhat like people arguing over whether a porsche is better to go to the grocery store than a honda, because if you NEEDED to go 160mph, you can do it in the porsche. Not that there's anything wrong with going to the grocery store in style... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom