First Drysuit dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
well not really dry...

I bought an OS system drysuit from a friend of mine for a really good price. The suit fits really well except for the neck seal which I thought was completely comfortable until I got the suit into the pool today and realized every time I moved my head water was coming in from the neck. When I got out of the water the fleece undergarment was bone dry but my jeans and t-shirt under them were soaked to the bone!

I practiced in the pool for about an hour and a half and just messed with moving the air bubble and inverting myself. I have to say I felt more comfortable with air in my feet then having them being squeezed.

A couple of questions though. I was wearing ankle weights and noticed that it made a huge difference with keeping the fins on my feet, would I be able to get the same effect
with a velcro strap around my ankle?

What do you wear under your undergarments? Street clothes? underarmour? Birthday suit?

Sounds like you need a new neck seal.

You know what they say about ankle weights? Training wheels for dry suits.
If the boots fit right you should not need anything to hold your fins on. Never had any issues here.

What I wear under my garments depends on the water temps. I have a fleece and a heavy snowsuit. If the temps are really cold I wear EMS Thickwick, as the water gets warmer I ditch them for a speedo.

Back
Top Bottom