First dive, found a golf ball!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep up the good work!

I have a spot in my log for golf balls on each dive. My personal best is 125. I only take free range golf balls, never from a water hazard or even near a course.

Over time you will notice that some are commemorative of brands, resorts and causes. Anything is collectible!

Learning to swoop down for one while managing your buoyancy with lung volume is great practice as is manipulating your catch bag. They can be sort of grungy so I try not to put them in my BC pockets.

Pete

Not only can you use it as memorabilia but if you drill a hole in it and put a bungee cord through the hole you can wrap it around your tank and use it as a tank banger.

Be really careful doing this!

If it's been down for a while there is a good chance that it has absorbed water and will spew some nasty liquid when you penetrate the skin. Trust me on this.:D

Pete

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic and/or snarky posts have been removed. Even those posts which only referenced them were removed. Please play nice: Thanks!

sorry Doc
from Iraq to online posting can be tricky at times.
Nice job keeping your area squared away.

Good little find.
Not only can you use it as memorabilia but if you drill a hole in it and put a bungee cord through the hole you can wrap it around your tank and use it as a tank banger.

Interesting way to remember your first dive, which I am sure no one ever forgets.

Yea, it made the day seem very short. Started in the AM, left in the PM...but it seemed to go by really quick. Won't forget it anytime soon.

The most memorable part was doing CESA from close to 30ft. I was completely tripping out on the feeling of never running out of air while ascending. Practicing lateral CESA in the pool was far harder then the actual deal.

My next two dives are on the 8th. I am going to go crawdad(crayfish) hunting, they get extremely large around here and make for great eating! I am also excited to see what other Treasures I might find, the weekend before I dove with my instructor he and friend found two nice fishing poles and reels at the same location.

There's a story about the diver in Cornwall who found a 17th century canon on his first dive (but no-one seems to have met him!). Keep the golf ball for ever!

I love seeing divers underwater having a ball. It does't matter if it's golf, cannon or a base ball. Treasure is in the eye of the finder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back
Top Bottom