First Dive compartment surf board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do I get a shore dive like that

Serenity now

Made a craft in 74, mixing up the expanding
foam and nailing down the ply involved much rushing

No compartment, flat and square very primitive, 12 yo kid

What else would you want to be doing

The other one that was an all glass sit on top style before Ocean Kayak was a Malotte made in Sacramento CA.
I got one of these cheap and had to do some glass work and re-gel it.
One very nice thing about all fiberglass paddle craft of whatever model is that they are totally repairable.

I might have to look into making myself something.
All carbon fiber and epoxy.

Bob did your have a bronco imprinted in the fiberglass. was yours easy to move across the water with your arms. I really like how this thing handles. and this is coming from a RIB and inflatable boat diver.

The one I had was a sit on top kyak with two compartments, like the one in your picture, in front and behind the paddlers seat. Either compartment could hold an entire rig ready to dive with the hatch closed. It was made of fiberglass and fairly heavy about 10' long. Two guys could carry two of them but it was unwieldy for one to move. Since you Solo you know the problems of too much gear for one person.

I sold that and bought the "new" Ocean Kyak Frenzy back when they came out. It's about 7' long and about 35# so I can carry it with all my Abalone gear in one trip almost anywhere. It's smaller than the new Frenzy.

Bob
-----------------------------------
A man's got to know his limitations.
Harry Callahan

knowone that is right around the corner from my house.

ZKY malotte you say I will look in to that and see if this one is.

Bob I have the newer ones also and mine are heavy.

Here is something I found
Mallotte dive board

These are the upturned bow style I was thinking of but didn't realize that Malotte made those at one time. The ones I was thinking of were a later model sit on top that was paddled.
Those must have been right before Ocean Kayak got into the scene and ran with the sit on top idea.

Add:
Here is the other one I mentioned earlier that I fixed for a dude, it's a Ryan board
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,5436.0.html

Hey VooDooGasMan can you pencil me in
to buy your house, after I get ZKY to pencil
me in for a board, when he finishes his pencil
list of plates

We can practice double Faber 80 deco diving

Sure Knowone it comes with a complete diver ready shops, All you need is a good liver to process the good beer and wine, also my favorite Single Malt scotch, Ring Me when you want a showing it takes a couple weeks for all the diving around here, you can inspect house on SI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom