First dive after cert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j3rmzh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I finally made it out today, was able to piece together the last of my gear and make it out in the water today. Went with a more experience diver and one other guy that hasn't dove since he did his cert dives.

We went out to Edmonds, swam out to that pole and then dropped down, I think I am a bit over weighted but we'll get there (going to shave off a few pounds next time). Swam around a bit, saw a few of the sights and then checked out the dry-dock, I am definitely going to want to take a map with me next time!

One of my buddy's got the our pre-agreed 700psi "time to surface" pressure WAY before the other two of us (I still had 1500) while still at the dry-dock, it made for a long surface swim back. I was surprised how fast I burned through the air in my AL 80, wondering if I should take a step up, or maybe I just need to learn better breath control.

Anyway, it was great, can't wait to make it out again! Probably some-time this week if I can convince someone to go out with me. My best friend starts his cert classes on Tuesday and once he's done we'll be out all the time I am sure.

Anyway, just thought I would share, thanks for being so helpful on here! You guys are great.

Welcome to the diving, take your time you're doing great. From a free diving point of view. I'm going through with draws, haven't been in the water for a couple of weeks and that was for a crawfish grab free for all. If you like fresh water mud bugs it is a blast.

Your breath control will come in time. while you start...just focus on relaxing and getting your weighting correct. The breath control will come. I don't recommend that new divers start heading for the "super sized" tanks until they have 40 - 50 dives under their belt. Then they have a more accurate picture of what their air consumption rates are.

Congrats on your dive!! Now that you're a diver...stay wet,K?

Steel tanks will stay neg for the dive. I found this made things alot better for me. If you can only dive the Al 80 then check your weight with the tank at 500psi. Then you will be right on. I also liked to burn a tank but as said before a few more dives and it works it self out. Still, I like to dive with a larger tank.

Awesome! I'd like to get back out to Edmonds again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom