First D300 UW pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, it's a tease! I put the whole thing together tonight-MDX-D300 housing, Std. Flat port, Epoque flex arms, new dual sync cord and my YS-110's. Soaked it for an hour in the sink and checked for leaks, then held my breath and stuffed my D300 and 60mm AF-D inside. Forgot which wheel controls the Aperture in manual, so even with the shutter at 1/250 and the strobes at minimum, the reflection of the stainless totally overwhelmed f11. A quick auto-contrast in PS7 fixed 'em right up, though, so here's the 2lb. soft weight I used to sink the empty housing and a nice shallow DOF shot of the drain cover. The backscatter is crap that floated off the weight.
DSC_4673pssm.jpg

DSC_4680pssm.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll take the empty housing down to about 100 feet and if there are no leaks, the camera goes in for the second dive.

BTW, MAN THAT THING IS BIG!!! I can fit the housing and strobes in my too big for carry on hard case from the SP350, but the port just won't go. Time to get a bigger box.

I have seen people using two approaches on the aperture button.
1) Some guys keep it as they are (normally older film fellas) as they remember the aperture was set on the lens and speed on the back of the camera.
2) Some guys invert them on the menu, because they find themselves playing around much more on the aperture than on the speed while underwater and the back control of the housing is much quicker to access than the front one (which is corrected on the MDX-D300S housing!).

I use both, on my "LAND" Custom Bank the aperture is up front. And when I dive I switch to my "UW" Custom bank where the aperture is in the back. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom