First C-5050Z Picture (Land)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segal3

Reaction score
Reduced from 14mb TIFF file...

And resolution reduced...to 25% or something around that.

flower.jpg

(minor distortion occuring because of this forum "squishing" the sides - link http://www.carbonos.com/flower.jpg )

~Matt Segal

Since nothing is blooming around here, my first C-5050 pictures will probably be of the most prolific creature around...Mosquitos!
:eek:ut:

These cameras are truly amazing. I've been meaning to says thanks for all the advice that led me to the 5050 etc. Here's a sample shot from two weeks in Fiji. (The camera and housing arrived days before we left.) Oops. I guess that didn't work. I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures.

Olympus makes a great product. I have a C-2500L that I've had for years and I'll put that 2.5MP up against many other manufacturer's 4.0.

I would like to upgrade and get a housing for underwater photography. What housing did you go with on that C-5050Z? Why did you choose it? Link?

Thanks,

I have the PT-015. It's relatively cheap and works well. And I didn't need the depth capability of a more expensive housing. I bought it from Underwater Camera Pros, www. uwcp.com, as part of a package. Ryan was very helpful.

reubencahn once bubbled...
I have the PT-015. It's relatively cheap and works well. And I didn't need the depth capability of a more expensive housing. I bought it from Underwater Camera Pros, www. uwcp.com, as part of a package. Ryan was very helpful.
Do you use a special lens or filter to bring out colors, or are you good to go with just the housing and camera? A lot of photos would be in the 100 - 130 fsw range. I am having a PT-015 and C-5050Z overnighted to me, so it'll be here tomorrow, and I'll have it in the H20 on Saturday. I'll post up some photos.

130fsw will put you right at the depth limit for the PT-015. Like the PT-010 predecessor, you might want to think about staying around 80fsw or so.

Enjoy the camera.....it's terriffic!

tampascott once bubbled...
Olympus makes a great product. I have a C-2500L that I've had for years and I'll put that 2.5MP up against many other manufacturer's 4.0.

I have that same camera as well...cost me about 1k back in the day (what, 3 to 4 years ago?). Have been using it until I just bought this one, but I'm sure I'll continue to use it - it's durability is fantastic (it fell off the 4ft ledge onto concrete after being hit with a football...no damage whatsoever).

~Matt Segal

Had a play with the super macro on my 5050 managed to get this one.

Bee Macro

Scubapauly

hoover once bubbled...
130fsw will put you right at the depth limit for the PT-015. Like the PT-010 predecessor, you might want to think about staying around 80fsw or so.

Enjoy the camera.....it's terriffic!
Yes, I had seen that limit of 131 ( I guess the figured they'd rate it for rec + 1). In reality, they hopefully built in a fudge factor of an extra 15 ft or so at least. Although I don't want to test that. I'll keep it above 120.

I'm still concerned about losing color. Any color correction lense required?

Cool photo of the bee. The super-macro setting is one of the things that sold me on this camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom