First BP/W looking for advice on setups!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One plus for the Oxycheq wing is that you do not need to use a STA with the wing because they have a fabric STA built into the wing. This stops the roll effect that a STA gives you because of the distance it puts the tank off of the plate. Not saying others don't have it, but I haven't seen it yet.

The Oxycheq Mark V seems to be the perferred singles wing for the north coast of CA, mounted on a Freedom Plate in case your a minimalist.

Bob
-----------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I have the HOG SS backplate and 32# wing (HOG Gear BP/W Full Set - Single - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL). Got it with the Hollis solo harness and I love it. Only have about 5 dives on it so far but it's kept me quite happy and is great for the price. The package deal has a STA listed with it but it is not needed. The tank bands are a bit annoying at first trying to get them to the proper size, but after it's set they work great.

I also have the Uwatec Aladin Tec 2g. Pulled the compass and computer from the boot and put them in DSS wrist mounts, removed the spg from the boot and threw the spg in a bag and keep that for backup. It's a plastic housing for the spg and I didn't really like it so I added on a Hollis spg. The computer works great and is very easy to use and get used to. The newer Aladin 2g has a few extra features but nothing you can't live without. If you do get it, don't be fooled and think you have to buy the Uwatec IR device to connect it to your computer. I picked one an IR receiver from Amazon.com for $20 and it works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom