First BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the BC........

Dive, dive and then dive more.......

As long as your gear works for you and allows you to dive the profiles you want.....it is perfect gear........

I agree with the wetsuit before reg......wetsuits need to fit well while regs are fairly standard............

Unless you are like our darling daughter and need a tiny mouth piece..........

I have both BP/W and BC's dive everything including rental gear, no issues, no drama.....

I like the pretty fish.......:)

M

Congrats on your new purchase, hoping you put a great many dives on it!

I remember when I started buying my equipment, for the first few weeks it had a place of promenance in the living room, LOL!

Thanks guys for your replies... I actually did go exchange my Bare BC just cause I was not 100% confortable with it, I got home and tried it on a few times and determined that it was too bulkey for me. I went back and exchanged it for the Sherwood Tortuga (back inflate BC) and I am really happy with it. The store had received a crazy amount of BC's to choose from and when I was there the first time, they were low on most of their stuff.
I understand about buying wet suite first but The BC was on sale at a decent price so I could not passs that up, also the regs I bought (and waiting for) were also a sweet deal I could not pass up. Wet suit will have to wait till the end of the season..

Thanks guys for your replies... I actually did go exchange my Bare BC just cause I was not 100% confortable with it, I got home and tried it on a few times and determined that it was too bulkey for me. I went back and exchanged it for the Sherwood Tortuga (back inflate BC) and I am really happy with it. The store had received a crazy amount of BC's to choose from and when I was there the first time, they were low on most of their stuff.
I understand about buying wet suite first but The BC was on sale at a decent price so I could not passs that up, also the regs I bought (and waiting for) were also a sweet deal I could not pass up. Wet suit will have to wait till the end of the season..

congrats on the new gear.....Out of curiosity, how much 'extra' is it to order gear like BCs & regs from the US if you live in Canada???....

Congrats on your purchases...and don't worry about the order you buy your gear in, frankly there just isn't a "right" or "wrong" order. It's great that you were able to realize the first BC wasn't perfect and switched out, again taking advantage of a great sale.

Come back and let us know how everything works out for you when you get certified and begin diving. :D

Thanks for sharing your purchase with us. Believe it or not we are all excited for you. And do not worry about the people on here that tell you that you made the wrong decision.

I do agree with NWD that it is usually better to wait until you are certified and have been able to try different equipment and configurations out. This way you know that what you buy is best for you. HOWEVER, I need you to make sure that you DO NOT go through your dive life with regret over equipment. I have over 300 dives on my poodle jhacket and have LOVED every single one of them.. I DO wish that I had a BP&W but I do not regret the jacket purchase. Where ever possible, try to try things out before buying, but even more importantly, enjoy scuba....do not regret equipment.

congrats on the new gear.....Out of curiosity, how much 'extra' is it to order gear like BCs & regs from the US if you live in Canada???....

I cannot speak to Regs as I did buy mine from my LDS but I purchased my Suunto Cobra and Zeagle N2ition online and saved, after delivery etc., an average of 20% over the best I could get out of my LDS (or I should say the lowest they would come down to). This also has a lot to do with the strength of the dollar etc....It does not always work out to be less expensive. On my UW Photography system, I saved just over 30% by buying the identical items from NY rather than the guy 20 minutes from home. And he knew the dollars that I was paying and he said Ike could not get his costs anywhere near that (and it was a fully authorized Ike dealer).

Thanks,

Well I think it all depends like it was already stated below. I have not ordered anything online as of yet just because i have not found it worth it for me. With the exchange rate, and the dollar, and the cost of shipping for me, it was just worth buying it here. I do have a few dive shops I can compare prices with so I have gotten ok deals so far.
The actually is a dive shop that has a nice amount of stock, its where I bought my BC. Its called Plongee CPAS. if you do a search u could find it on google. With them anything over 250$ the shipping is free.

Back
Top Bottom