First BCD Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomson_adam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All ,
I am reletivly new to diving but seem to have caught the bug. I am now looking at buying my own BCD and Regulator for a better fit/comfort.

I am relatively small , 5.8ft and 140-150lb. I was wondering if you have any recommendations , budget wise its not a major issue. I want something that will fit and it practical.

1726-4095-scaled.jpg

This is what we are talking about:

I feel like we've hit maximum Scubaboard with this thread. It only took a minute for someone to suggest a BPW. Then, for the very next post we get a recommendation for Halcyon. The following response is for a DGX system.

All we need now is for someone to chime in telling OP to avoid split fins and another person to recommend a long-hose primary and a bungee'd octo.

:p

I feel like we've hit maximum Scubaboard with this thread. It only took a minute for someone to suggest a BPW. Then, for the very next post we get a recommendation for Halcyon. The following response is for a DGX system.

All we need now is for someone to chime in telling OP to avoid split fins and another person to recommend a long-hose primary and a bungee'd octo.

:p
That would be after telling them to do DIR fundies, back mount doubles, no sorry - side mount, rebreather, cave, tech, scooters, $$$$
And yes Halcyon.

if you really don't want to go bpw, one of the smaller/cheaper zeagle back inflates is the least bad non-bpw option.

Hello All ,
I am reletivly new to diving but seem to have caught the bug. I am now looking at buying my own BCD and Regulator for a better fit/comfort.

I am relatively small , 5.8ft and 140-150lb. I was wondering if you have any recommendations , budget wise its not a major issue. I want something that will fit and it practical.

For a warm water BCD, I would recommend the Zeagle Stiletto.....or similar back inflate BCD. It's modular, fully adjustable, very comfortable, twin cam bands, good storage options, etc. Below is a pic of a Stiletto disassembled to show how adjustable and modular it is. If you are planning to dive cold water then I would recommend the Zeagle Ranger. Same modularity and comfort but fully compatible for twins..

A6JFXj7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom