First 5050 shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well...not exactly the first! I finally got around to adding a few to my photo albums.

Here's a couple of my youngest feather child, Tootie

aab.sized.jpg

ExposureTime : 1/60Sec
FNumber : F3.6
ISOSpeedRatings : 64
MeteringMode : Spot
ExposureMode : Manual
WhiteBalance : Auto

aad.sized.jpg

ExposureTime : 1/125Sec
FNumber : F2.3
MeteringMode : Spot
ExposureMode : Manual
WhiteBalance : Auto

Very very clear crisp photos. I am impressed at the clarity of the 5050 pics. I'm tempted!
:shades:

Great Shot Dee! I was wondering if u have the same problem as I do on the 5050. Is your super macro stuck on no flash because mine is and I can't figure out how to get it back on auto. Thx

Gilligan once bubbled...
Very very clear crisp photos. I am impressed at the clarity of the 5050 pics. I'm tempted!
:shades:

Aw....come on over to the dark side. You know you want to! :mean: :wink:

I resisted for a long time, now I'm wondering why I waited so long.

Stingray81888 once bubbled...
Great Shot Dee! I was wondering if u have the same problem as I do on the 5050. Is your super macro stuck on no flash because mine is and I can't figure out how to get it back on auto. Thx

The internal flash is disabled in the Super Macro setting. The is such a short focus length involved that the barrel of the lens would block the flash from the subject. You'll have to use an external flash aimed at the tight spot or none at all.

Great Shot Dee! I was wondering if u have the same problem as I do on the 5050. Is your super macro stuck on no flash because mine is and I can't figure out how to get it back on auto.
You can get the camera's flash to fire in SMacro mode, but in A and M shooting mode only. Select A or M then go Menu(OK) >> Mode Menu >> Flash >> Slave then select a level (1-10). Then force the flash on (thunderbolt or Slow). Bear in mind that this is a 'slave' flash only - used mainly to 'trigger' and external flash/strobe. You can use it to illuminate the subject, but as Dee says, the lens barrel can throw a shadow on it.

I've been waiting for my cactus to bloom so I could try out the focusing light in the dark. It works really well. It's brighter than I thought it would be, very orange, and it shines above your subject. For instance, if you had someones mouth at the bottom of the monitor, the light would shine on their forehead! But it works! See??

aai.sized.jpg

ExposureTime : 1/50Sec
FNumber : F5.0
ExposureProgram : Manual

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom