Firefighter Wants to Expand into PSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fireman Ken:
Hello Everyone,
Any advice and leads would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken C

Hi Ken, welcome to "The Board." I hope you find a team that will offer formal DR1/PSD training-it's invaluble! Although I'm with a FD team, most of our work is with the PD-stolen property, evidence recovery, etc. you might ask around your local PD's to see if there are teams available to join too. :D

Cheers,

Poog

BladesRobinson:
Ken,

I wanted to let you know that Dive Rescue International is conducting a three day "Dive Rescue 1" class in Prince Fredrick, MD (May 19-21). This may be a good way to meet other team members in the region. For more information and to download a class brochure online, please visit:

http://www.diverescueintl.com/tr_calendar.html

Best of luck in your search for teams in your region and with the training that associated with public safety diving.

Blades Robinson, Director
Dive Rescue International
www.DiveResccueIntl.com
Blades,

That looks like a tremendous class and a very good idea in terms of getting exposed to Rescue Diving and meeting local folks from the teams! Unfortunately, I have already promised one of the instructors at the shop that I will Dive Master for her and I won't go back on my word.

Also she is working on drysuit skills and I promised I would dive and work with her on that too after class.

So unfortunately that weekend doesn't work. Are they offering any courses in the D.C. area a little later in the season?

Ken

It's all about attitude, good training and practice. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. I've always enjoyed challenges and couldn't agree more with the philosophy of going into the profession open minded and be ready to learn.

All the best,

Ken C

Gary D.:
Bridgediver summed it up in very few words.

“It can and is but good luck any ways.”

Just to add a few words to his statement. Your are basically on a different planet when it happens underwater.

Go into this profession very open minded and be ready to learn.

PSD has very little in common with sport diving or fire fighting but both have a lot to offer.

Gary D.

Fireman Ken:
It's all about attitude, good training and practice. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. I've always enjoyed challenges and couldn't agree more with the philosophy of going into the profession open minded and be ready to learn.

All the best,

Ken C

Ken

I got tied up on a couple of homicides I'll have to get with you later this week.

Brian

PWCPD Diver:
Ken

I got tied up on a couple of homicides I'll have to get with you later this week.

Brian
Brian,

Will definitely appreciate your time at your convenience. In the meantime, I am keeping myself busy both with my Fire Department and Dive Mastering.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Back
Top Bottom