Fire Station and Three Tables Wed/Thurs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I did these two dives as night dives this week.

Wed. was a great dive with Lynn (O2BUBBLEFREE). We saw several Mustache Conger eels (the biggest was at least 4 feet), a couple of morays, 2 turtles, a small octopus, tons of shrimp, a couple a very large sleeping parrot fish and several slipper lobsters among other things. We also saw a couple decent sized 7/11 crabs, one of them was carrying another in his pinchers.

Last night I went to three tables with Kanani. We didn't go too far out so vis wasn't all that great. No conger eels, but we did stumble upon two morays that were around 3-4 feet. Because of the vis it wasn't nearly as great as Wed. night.

Next week I'll probably do the Fire Station dive again. Hopefully I'll have my new 21w HID by then.

I've seen conger eels at Firehouse on night dives too - one scared the bejeezus out of me when it darted out of a hole and snapped up a fish and then undulated like a ribbon while struggling with it.

Lots of blacktips out hunting at night out there, too.

Nice report, Randy.

Thanks for all your help on getting the dive together. I really enjoyed it.

Did you get my contengency weight re-secured to your foat? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom