Fire coral?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and btw, you've got some massive balls of steel. Nice job finishing your trek :wink:
How's your leg now?

Haha thanks. My leg is in great shape now. The only thing is I have some scarring where the contact took place, but it's not too bad looking!

For those intending to use meat tenderizer on their next coral scrape, you'll want to make sure that it is UNSEASONED. Those containing spices and seasonings can cause damage to tissue in the wound, not to mention considerable pain.

BTW, vinegar remains the immediate treatment of choice.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Fullsuits, vinegar, meat tenderizer and antihistamines are a must if you're in any way sensitive. I always pack them in my dive bag.

Oh, to be able to dive in boardies or a shorty or a bikini! I'm the lunatic in the fullsuit in 31C. Some people are just strangely more sensitive to those little stingers than others. The last time I went for a dive in a shorty, I developed huge angry horizontal welts from the tops of the thighs to the top of my boots and on my hands and in even between my fingers, essentially every place that wasn't covered by the suit. You could even make out the tentacle formation. Everyone on the dive felt a little fleeting sting but no one else had a reaction close to mine. I grew up in South Florida and was savaged by "sea lice" every time I swam in the sea. I used to think I was just allergic to the ocean. I haven't made it to Oz yet, but I reckon I'll need about the same coverage as Spiderman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom