Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am having no success finding fins to complete my DIR equipment configuration. I have used Tusa Xpert Zoom splits for the last 450 dives. I wear a size 10.5 shoe and use a Bare drysuit with integrated boot in size large. I have tried and failed to like Jets several times bacause I HATE the foot pockets. The others I have tried on but never dived. I would like to try all available choices before I buy a set and force myself to get used to them.

Can I get a current list of reccomended fins? I'll start:

Jets and clones
Turtles and clones
OMS
Hollis F1

My feet are only slightly smaller than yours. In a wetsuit, XL Jets fit me just fine, but in my dry suit (also a Bare with integrated boots), I've had good luck with Turtles (when I got them, they only had one size).

im a size 11, xl jets felt like little pockets of torture on my feet. Hollis f1's though, i can wear for hours with no issue. Didnt notice much difference in any kicks between the two, just a huge improvment in the comfort factor.

OMS Slipstreams are also an option in size XXL. They fit my Sz 13 Rock boots with no play at all. I'm not sure how they'll work for you. I haven't tried a whole lot of different fin types. This one worked for me, and I didn't feel the need to experiment further.

Tom

Just returned from the LDS with a set of XL F1s. They felt great in the showroom. Did a quick swim at home in the pool and they are extremely comfortable in the water. I can tell my shins and ankles will need some serious conditioning before they are comfortable on strenuous dives.

Thanks for the advice.

im a size 11, xl jets felt like little pockets of torture on my feet. Hollis f1's though, i can wear for hours with no issue. Didnt notice much difference in any kicks between the two, just a huge improvment in the comfort factor.

What size F1s do you have? Thanks.

I have tried and failed to like Jets several times bacause I HATE the foot pockets.

My buddy did not fit well in his Jets. We slapped some neoprene from an old hood into some that were just a smige big. No problems. Of course this only works if the problem is a loose fin. If it is the other way around, I have another buddy that enjoys the OMS Slipstreams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom