Fins with splits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the good information. Due to the fact that most of my dives are taking video and sometimes long surface swims, the split fins are not for me. However, I would like to try them someday!

Hi Deep Sea

I have been using my Scubapro Black Twin Jet's for almost two years now. I think they are the best thing since sliced bread! Very comfortable foot pocket, very durable.

Thanks, Ken

Hi Deep Sea,

I appear to be one of the few who don't like the split fins. I got a chance to try a pair of split fins (not sure of the brand) the other week in a pool and compare them with my Mares. Maybe it's just me but I really did not like them. It felt like I didn't have any fins on (no resistance to my kicking), much like the feeling when you take your fins off to get on a boat ladder. My speed was way down as well. We had an underwater speedometer so the test was not subjective. I will admit that maybe I need to spend more time with a pair on but my first impression of them was not positive. I would like to try a pair on a actual dive but at this point I would not buy a pair.

I have a pair of the SP Twin Jets and they are OK if you want to go in a straight line, fast, but if you really want to "sightsee" and stop it make things a little hard. They are not good for sculling or the "frog-kick". I also have Force Fin Pro's which I really like and would recommend over any of the split fins.

Back
Top Bottom