Question Fins suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staurox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
What are the best budget fins for a beginner?
The water temperatures vary from 15 in the winter to 28 in the summer. The remain over 20 from may to november.

I recommend you get a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins. They are the best all around fin you can buy. They have been around for a long time, they are a straight forward fin with out any gimmicks or gadgets on them. I have had mine for about 20 years now and still going strong.

I recommend you get a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro fins. They are the best all around fin you can buy. They have been around for a long time, they are a straight forward fin with out any gimmicks or gadgets on them. I have had mine for about 20 years now and still going strong.
Will the c4 predator fins or cressi light pro fins work? The Mares Avanti Quattro fins are out of my budget and unavailable locally.

Will the c4 predator fins or cressi light pro fins work? The Mares Avanti Quattro fins are out of my budget and unavailable locally.
I'm not familiar with either of those fins. Look at the Mares Plana Avanti X3, the Avanti Superchannel OH or the Excite fins. They are cheaper than the Quattro's. Mares is an Italian based company, so there should be a bunch of dealers over there. Check the dealer locator on the Mares website.

I am a newbie diver as well, and these are the fins that I was recommended (and subsequently bought).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom