Fins help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought a dry suit and need some help in fin selection. I had an accident several years ago and had to have a hip replaced so frog kicks are a little uncomfortable for me. I have strong legs and currenly dive hf2000's with no issues. I have a size 12 rockboot, so turtles may be my only answer, but again my primary kick is primarily fluter/modified flutter. My primary interest is photography so I find myself often swimming against current for that one shot. I also dive a CCR which creates quite abit of drag.

Thanks in advance for any assistace or advice.

The Cressi-Sub Rondine fins in L/XL have a very large foot pocket and a swivel strap holder. You can also attach spring straps to them with a little creativity.

I love my Rondines--as comfortable as split fins, but with more thrust. And good for every kind of kick.

Not quite enough stiffness to be the best fins for doubles, but plenty of thrust for propelling a single-tank diver against the current.

------------------------------------

The XL Scubapro Jet Fins should fit you, also.

theskull

Go for the Turtles. The Jet Fins won't fit, that is until their new XXL model comes out. IMHO, there's nothing better.

Back
Top Bottom