Fins for proper trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, luckily I have fairly normal sized feet. The largest ones fit snugly on my drysuit boots.
I have a set of Eddys as well. They are great when I am inside wrecks, very short with good finesse. I'm not a fan in most caves. I like the power I get with the XTs. Though I can't back kick them nearly as well as Jets/Eddys.
the XT's certainly require a different style of kick than a jet style fin and it takes a few months of regular use to really get used to them and it's hard to go back and forth between them and maintain ideal kicking techniques. The really stiff and long blade of the XT's can create some weird vortices in the water that pulls up a lot of dirt devils in a cave or wreck if you try to kick them like you would a jet fin which has a pretty floppy tip in comparison.

Hey, thank you for the advice.

I dive dry.

On OC, turtles were fine with 100HP and 2lbs on top of the tank.

With rEvo, Turtles are a bit too heavy. Based on the specs, Deep 6s seem to be the way to go. I will be selling my Turtles and Hollis.

Turtles - fit size 11 dry boots.
Hollis - size XL will be doable with 5mm boots for wet suits.

PM if interested.

Hey, thank you for the advice.

I dive dry.

On OC, turtles were fine with 100HP and 2lbs on top of the tank.

With rEvo, Turtles are a bit too heavy. Based on the specs, Deep 6s seem to be the way to go. I will be selling my Turtles and Hollis.

Turtles - fit size 11 dry boots.
Hollis - size XL will be doable with 5mm boots for wet suits.

PM if interested.
The revo is particularly foot heavy so you'll be much happier with the Deep6's. They'll dive more like the Hollis F1's than the Turtles though which is not a bad thing. I never liked how floppy the turtles are

foot is 13 4e :-D
That is totally insane. I am sorry. Btw, I have an extra set of Bare dry suit socks in 2XL. If you want them for free, they're yours. I don't believe I've worn them at all. To think of it, I am not sure why I have them...

That is totally insane. I am sorry. Btw, I have an extra set of Bare dry suit socks in 2XL. If you want them for free, they're yours. I don't believe I've worn them at all. To think of it, I am not sure why I have them...
yeah, I wear Deep6 Eddy's in XL barefoot quite comfortably and I wear the XXL's with chaco's normally to give extra height without the extra width.
Where in NC are you? Could be good excuse to get wet together at some point!

yeah, I wear Deep6 Eddy's in XL barefoot quite comfortably and I wear the XXL's with chaco's normally to give extra height without the extra width.
Where in NC are you? Could be good excuse to get wet together at some point!
I am in Charlotte. Next time we go to the outlets, I'll ping you. I literally had these socks for several years and have no clue how I ended up with them. Btw, I thought my feet were bad - 10.5EE or 10.5EEE depending on the day.

Hollis F1 LTs are getting some traction. Now someone, get those Turtles. Also I got a nice almost brand new Henderson Greenprene XL in 3mm ...

Back
Top Bottom