fins for a narrow female foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tajna

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I've had my Aqualung Blades 2 Flex for 6 years, but now I'm looking for shorter and broader fins for more convenience (e.g. wreck diving). The problem is, it seems I have a very narrow foot for modern fins (despite my 5 mm Bare bootie). I've also noticed, when trying new fins now it seems your foot should slide into the fin pocket all the way - is this some new design feature for more power or something?

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions for fin models to try or insight into the new trends in fin design.

Thank you all, safe diving!

Tanja

I have little feet too and recently purchased a pair of aeris accels....they get good reviews and fit very well. All i need is to get them wet! Worth looking into, the XS was a more snug fit than the mares quattros over the top of my foot.

I have very small narrow feet, 6.5, I find the XS Accels fit fine and Jet fins in large, both wearing a 5mm wetsuit boot. The Hollis F2s are a nice, light short fin but the foot pocket is huge, it swallows my foot, more a drysuit boot foot pocket. Good Luck.

I once bought a pair of Aqualung Rocket fins in a package deal off Craigslist. I had to turn around and sell them because the foot pocket was quite a bit more narrow than most other fins I've tried. Would be good for wreck diving too, I would think.

Note: Rocket II fins are advertised as having an "improved foot pocket design". So you might avoid those as the improvement - which I would personally welcome - might be a wider foot pocket. Stick to the original Rockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom