Fins considered to be suitable for use with drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers - they sound like what I want then!
Always best if you can borrow some, I have the large and extra large because I couldn’t get a good set of foot pocket measurements, so I bought both and use both with different foot wear.

I also replace the spring straps because they are to short (common now days it seems) I use bungee on the L and Hollis on the XL (Hollis from F1 fins that I hated)

Don't do ankle weights - they mask the problem.

Feet will float if your suit doesn't fit you right. Get a custom fitted dry suit and your float/bubble issues will go away. With BM standard setup CCR (valves down) you're likely to be naturally trimmed with feet down. Depends on you body makeup. If your feet are stil too light in a custom dry suit, try Turtles. If your feet are too heavy, Deep6.

Nothing wrong with ankle weights. You often need a lot of lead diving dry, and ankle weights are a good way to get 3-4 pounds of your back.
How do ankle weights affect leg fatigue?
After several miles, boots that are even 1/4 - 1/2 lb lighter have a very noticeable effect on your fatigue while moving overland under load.

How do ankle weights affect leg fatigue?
After several miles, boots that are even 1/4 - 1/2 lb lighter have a very noticeable effect on your fatigue while moving overland under load.
That is a factor but generally not a big one. You are pushing so much more mass in a dry suit than in a tropical rig it is small change. A long walk to the beach is a bigger struggle for some and weight on your back and shoulders is the biggest impact.

I wear a size 12 shoe........and dive a trilam drysuit with heavy integrated boots. I have a couple pairs of Mares Avanti Quatro + in white and blue and also a pair SP Twin Split Jets in yellow. All are XL. I use the Jets when diving dry and the Mares with hard sole wetsuit boots when in warm / tropical water.

The Mares foot pocket is 4in wide and it's a bit too tight of a squeeze for my drysuit boots. The SP Jets foot pocket is 4 5/8th in wide and perfect for my drysuit boots. That extra 5/8th's makes a big difference. I wish they made the Quatros in XXL.

Also...nothing wrong with ankle weights......especially the stretchable ones with a quick clips. Most of the folks that speak negatively about them are probably just following the "leader" and never really tried them. I've worn a pair of 1.5 lbr's. with my drysuits for the past 40 years

CqpC3Bc.jpg

i1Fwvh7.jpg

I love Turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom