Finished OW cert yesterday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clowe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Finally(after 3 weeks of trying) finished our(fiance and I) last open water dive yesterday for our cert. BIG thanks for Gordon at Laguna Sea Sports!!! He's GREAT! Very friendly, very fun, and VERY informative about beach diving. First 3 open water dives were on a boat at catalina(another LDS). Knowing that, he explained everything to us about diving off the beach. It was by far the best dive experience we've had to date! Surf was minimal at shaw's cove yesterday, maybe 2-3 feet at most, great vis(~20-25ft) and tons of activity along the rocks. He coaxed out a morey eel for us to see, 3 octopus, and even induced a little garibaldi feeding frenzy for us. I can't tell you how good of an experince we had. Definitely a great instructor!!!

We can't wait to go again. Like so many others on here that i've read about, both of us have the "addiction" already... :)

-Chris

Congrats on your cert, clowe! Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Congrats clowe!!

:wave-smil :wave-smil :wave-smil

Hi Chris,

Welcome to diving and the SoCal Section of ScubaBoard! :happywave

Gordy is indeed a great guy to "talk scuba" with. He's been around since "back when..." and has some great stories.

Hope you can get out to one of our Wrinkles Dives soon and meet a whole bunch of us in one place. The next one happens to be in Laguna on Oct. 14th, so that might work out nicely for you.

Dive safe!

Christian

headhunter:
Hi Chris,

Welcome to diving and the SoCal Section of ScubaBoard! :happywave

Gordy is indeed a great guy to "talk scuba" with. He's been around since "back when..." and has some great stories.

Hope you can get out to one of our Wrinkles Dives soon and meet a whole bunch of us in one place. The next one happens to be in Laguna on Oct. 14th, so that might work out nicely for you.

Dive safe!

Christian

I was looking at the wrinkles thread earlier and that might work out great for us. We're going to maui for 10 days on the 19th, and want to try and get a couple more dives in before we go. I'll definitely have to bring it up with Mindi.

clowe:
I was looking at the wrinkles thread earlier and that might work out great for us. We're going to maui for 10 days on the 19th, and want to try and get a couple more dives in before we go. I'll definitely have to bring it up with Mindi.
Cool! It's a very friendly group. Hope to see you and Mindi there!

Let us know if you'll be able to make it in the thread for the Wrinkles Dive planning thread, so that we can properly plan for food.

Christian

Hi Clowe,
Congrats & Marineland is a great place to dive & it's real close to you. Sundays are a good time to go there's usaully a good crowd there than with a lot of exprienced divers there to help you out.

Happy Diving
John

Congratulation on your new certification!!!

Congrats on the new certification! You will find there is some pretty good diving in SoCal. It isn't tropical but it is interesting!

Chris,

We're practically neighbors...PM me sometime and maybe we can carpool to some of the events...or just if you want to dive!

Back
Top Bottom