FinePix S7000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been looking, and can not find a housing. has anyone seen one?

thanks,
FND

Did you try digideep.com or a similar website? They may have a housing or give you some more options as to what you can do...

Fly N Dive:
I have been looking, and can not find a housing. has anyone seen one?

thanks,
FND

fly

i dont think anybody makes housing for the fujis except for maybe some older models. but also are you currently looking at getting this camera or do you already have it?

Dan

i'm looking at it, as a x-mas gift i am getting a camera and housing, i have a budget of about 1,000. any sugestions would be great.

well the S7000 doesnt have a housing available, but also be aware that there are some major compression and image noise issues unless you use the non native interpolation setting

for more info go look at www.dpreview.com and look for the S7000 review its better explained in there.

for cams with a housing fuji hasnt done very much the last one they released was for a camera a year or so ago, its mainly oly and canon in this department

tooth

Fly N Dive:
i'm looking at it, as a x-mas gift i am getting a camera and housing, i have a budget of about 1,000. any sugestions would be great.

I'm sure there are a bunch of of who would say, "I'm very happy with my Olympus C5050z and PT-015 housing." Currently can be had for about $650.

yea, i like the feel of a slr, and it is annoying to hold a square camera. i know that it will spend all of its uw time in a housing, but this is going to be my first "good" camera (i'm 16) and would not like to get something i would regret.

Scubatooth:
well the S7000 doesnt have a housing available, but also be aware that there are some major compression and image noise issues unless you use the non native interpolation setting

for more info go look at www.dpreview.com and look for the S7000 review its better explained in there.

for cams with a housing fuji hasnt done very much the last one they released was for a camera a year or so ago, its mainly oly and canon in this department

tooth

I only found a review for the S5000 on that site. I also am interested in the S7000 for its feature set, ie, it uses compact flash and AA batteries, has high resolution, and an extended optical zoom range (for above water use). I also would appreciate any firsthand feedback on this camera.

There is a housing for the F700. My concern is that there are probably better cameras for $500. dpreview shows that the F700's image quality is similar to the Canon A70 which is $200 less.

I have the S5000 and I believe the two cameras are basicly the same, right? I asked every housing manufacture at DEMA this year if they had, or intended to make, a housing for it and the only one that said there was even a chance of getting one was Ikelite and that was a custom built housing.

I think we're SOL.

Back
Top Bottom