Finding Vancouver Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bighiller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,

I'm in need of a few good dive buddies. Right now, it's just me and my fiance, but sometimes she can't dive and then I'm force alone. No big deal, but it's a hell of a lot more fun yaking about what you saw when someone else is with you. Problem is I have no buddies. None of my friends dive and it's hard to find someone to meet up with.

Does anyone know where I can meet up with other divers or does anyone want to be my friend. I'm an instructor (not active) with ~600 dives.

Let me know, I'm getting desperate! :(

bighiller at gmail.com

Mike

Sorry, no one wants to be your friend :evil: lol j/k

Best Option in my opinion outside of shop dives is watch or start a thread here with the day/time/site that you want to dive and those that can make it will add their names or contact you. You can do likewise with threads that are already started, just join in.

Last edited:
I'll try to make it, but I have to change the exhaust valve on my dry suit. If I can, I'll speed up the missus to get her gear together and come out.

We'll be on 21%, but such is life :)

Hi,

I'm in need of a few good dive buddies. Right now, it's just me and my fiance, but sometimes she can't dive and then I'm force alone. No big deal, but it's a hell of a lot more fun yaking about what you saw when someone else is with you. Problem is I have no buddies. None of my friends dive and it's hard to find someone to meet up with.

Does anyone know where I can meet up with other divers or does anyone want to be my friend. I'm an instructor (not active) with ~600 dives.

Let me know, I'm getting desperate! :(

bighiller at gmail.com

Mike
Like Mike said just keep an eye on posts for dives. A bunch of us have been going out regularly for Thursday night dives around the Vancouver area and also go out pretty well every Sunday. We are headed to Keystone on Whitby Island for 2 dives this Sunday. Feel free to join in. Meet time at the site is around 9:30 am. It's a great shore dive if you haven't been there before. About 2 hours South of the border.

Damn, if only I had a bit more time.

I don't think I can make it to Whidbey Island this Sunday, but any other time I'm game to go ANYWHERE. Just need to have the notice.

Can someone stick me on a notice or something.

I'm likely going to take the missus to Whytecliff since she got a new(used) dry suit and hasn't used it yet.

Anyone else?

BTW, I'll definitely be going to Tuwanek, just let me know the details.

you mean you can dive at night?? is that safe/legal??

Man i must hear that at least 50% of the time night diving is brought up in mixed company (divers / non)...

Last edited:
It IS illegal, that's why it's so exciting! :D

I'm thinking about either Whytecliff or Porteau on Thrusday...

I'll be at Whytecliff at 7pm if anyone wants to join.

If anything changes, I'll post it here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom