Finding that new dive site!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
True Story-
A friend of mine was always looking for that perfect dive site.
Had a large truck and always carried a light set of dive gear- just in case he spotted that perfect dive site. Well, one day he was cruising along in Denton and noticed this incredibly blue pool of water. So he pulled up and the site that was all but abandoned except for a construction crew slightly down the dirt road. He grabs his gear and jumps into this azul blue pond. After 15 minutes on his small 63Cu ft tank he surfaces since he was diving by himself- feeling elated. He gets out of the water and is just thrilled this would be the perfect dive site.

Feeling very chipper with himself my friend had a smile from ear to ear. This older gentleman in construction attire walks over and asks him how he was doing and if he could help him? My friend all excited asked who owned the property and if they would consider selling this little blue gem?

The older man shakes his head and comments that he hopes that he has not been in the pool of water? Sure enough my friend starts ranting about the color of the water and the depth, how wonderful it was. The older man waits until he was finished and says- this is where we dump all the porta potties and that is why it is so BLUE. My friend had being diving in human waste! He about threw up on the spot.

Needless to say he was fine but as advanced divers we really need to investigate dive sites before we just… jump in. This is not to criticize anyone. In fact my girlfriend complains that I stare at every pool of water, and river crossing we drive by- becasue I am looking for that new dive site.

Careful how you go…

There is a fairly nice sized lake on 121 just East of Lewisville I have always looked at with a longing to find out just how deep it is.

TwoBit

There's Brandy Branch, nice big lake seldom visited by divers, (you have to have a boat) that we just have begun to explore. Now I have to leave the country for the next 20 or so months, just when I find my mudhole.

So the pontoon boat is wintered... already... My divegear is packed, and I fly out tomorrow to get ready to start a new project in a foreign county, but hey.... come to think of it, there's a pretty little "blue" hole down there that needs explorin'.....

We'll miss you guys.

tony

scubatexastony:
There's Brandy Branch, nice big lake seldom visited by divers, (you have to have a boat) that we just have begun to explore. Now I have to leave the country for the next 20 or so months, just when I find my mudhole.

So the pontoon boat is wintered... already... My divegear is packed, and I fly out tomorrow to get ready to start a new project in a foreign county, but hey.... come to think of it, there's a pretty little "blue" hole down there that needs explorin'.....

We'll miss you guys.

tony

PM sent

Back
Top Bottom