Finding a 3mm in winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katers

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm going on a study abroad program next semester (February to May) in Baja Mexico and since a lot of the research is going to be done via snorkeling, they require you to get a 2-3mm full wetsuit.

I'm at school at the moment and my transportation options are pretty limited (as in, beg my sister to drive me around for a day) but once I go home on winter break I'll have my car again.

My question is, will I be able to find 3mm wetsuits in December or should I just suck it up and go find one now?

Thanks!

Given that many dive shops sell gear to people who are heading off on vacation, I can't see it being a problem. Heck, it might even be a good time to find an end of season deal. I don't think that Wetsuits get the same treatment that the regular retailers give things like swimwear - the whoe "nobody carries swimsuits in October" factor won't be in effect.

Keep an eye on your local sources too (e.g. Craigslist) if you have one - never know, someone local might have something they want to get rid of.

If you're not a hard-to-fit size, there's always the Internet option...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom