Find the screw-ups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So are you thinking the loadings with a slow ascent might exceed what the pdc might account for in its algorithm, or looking for cleaner less sub-clinical impact for the long haul?
based on the heat maps and nedu work, 75% GF on a fast tissue seems to be less risky than 75% GF (or 80 or 85 or whatever you choose) on a slower/intermediate tissue.
So the longer you linger below the offgassing threshold the more gas load you take on in slower tissues. This is akin to riding your NDL recreationally all the way up which also appears to be riskier than moving up to the point of offgassing then multileveling up from there. Not sure this exact question has been tested, its more of an inferred probability of DCS going up from those increased intermediate tissue loadings. Probably not a big deal for 5mins.

Forgive me. :) I probably only have a decade or so tops of hypoxic diving left, and I don't want to lose a couple of the few years I do have to retraining on CCR and building up back to the same level... maybe when my hypoxic days are over I'll do CCR and get another decade of normoxic out of it.
Everyone is different but...
I was back doing normoxic (25-50m deep dives with 15-30mins of deco after about 4 or 5 months on CCR
I do more hypoxic dives now than ever before (which isnt saying much as I rarely did OC 15/55 dives and even more rare were 12/65 dives)

I'd agree with rjack in terms of time away from usual exposures to learn the unit, depending on which it is, instructor, access to easy training sites etc. I don't believe the transition is as long as it was, probably due to better kit, better knowledge, more exposure generally etc.

rjack, on your 2nd posted profile you padded the last stop, any reason? do you routinely pad it and if so why not change to a GF Low closer to the profile you end up with?

rjack, on your 2nd posted profile you padded the last stop, any reason? do you routinely pad it and if so why not change to a GF Low closer to the profile you end up with?
I was waiting for my buddy to finish his deco. His was running a slightly lower setpoint than me and had 5-10 extra minutes as I recall. I seem to be fine with 50/75 even on repetitive dives, cold water, exertion (which is rare although I sometimes to long shallowish cave swims) or any other risk factor like 75+m etc.

I can do 50/80 for a single dive pretty reliably but repetitive dives with those GFs occasionally give me minor symptoms. 85 high is too aggressive for me often enough that I wont dive that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom